13 October 2023 – Job opportunity Business Developer
Medace is a unique service provider in the medical industry. We offer a full service ISO13485 certified work-learning environment. While being taught how to develop their medical product themselves towards clinical implementation and regulatory clearance for market introduction, clients can make use of our facilities and equipment as well as receive training and obtain advice from our experienced personnel, and learn and build on our QMS template.
We offer these in configurable packages allowing our clients to adapt the support they need pending on the product development stage they are in. From access to our state-of-the-art research and cleanroom facilities and equipment, consulting on the smart way to make a compliant development and regulatory roadmap to specific regulated markets, or perhaps collaboration to build the quality management system and technical dossier needed for a clinical grade product.
Our clients range from academic groups in the ideation phase to scale-ups going through the preparations for submissions, with the focus audience consisting of startups active in the field of Medical Devices and Cell Therapy. This results in a vivid biomedical co-working space where entrepreneurship, science and professionals thrive.
As Business Developer, you will be directly working with the Chief Business Officer. For more information about our company visit www.medacespace.com.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate is an experienced, energetic and self-motivated Business Developer with the ability to easily connect with key decision makers. You are able to identify qualified opportunities by responding to inbound interests and target outbound prospects to build new business and attract new clients to the company. You will do this by using and developing your existing network within the Life Science industry in the Benelux and the rest of Europe, by participating at conferences and other relevant events and strategically working with business partners. You have previous experience working with companies going through the (pre-)clinical phase of medical product development and understand the challenges such companies are faced with. Based on their needs you are capable of quickly formulating an offering that best fits their needs and will result in new business for Medace.
Business Developer responsibilities
- Identify partnership opportunities via outbound phone calling, email, conferences and other sales channels to qualify leads; present our company to potential clients; follow-up calls after online meetings and on site visits
- Develop new relationships to grow the overall business and help the company expand
- Tight funnel management including follow up calls, creating relevant documents (quotations, contracts…), sending documentation and follow-up to shorten the sales cycle.
- Maintain existing business in close collaboration with Medace’s project managers
- Assist with B2B marketing and social media, attend events and other networking opportunities
Business Developer qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Life Sciences
- 3-5 years’ prior industry related business development experience
- Extensive network in the Life Science industry in the Benelux (with academic institutes and startups)
- Fluent in Dutch and English both spoken and written. Knowledge of German or French would be a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Focused and goal-oriented
- Ability to take initiative and build your own success
- Team player, with high stress level, willing to walk the extra mile
- Organized and takes pride in their work
What we offer
Medace offers a challenging job in an inspiring and ambitious young organization. Communication lines are short and personal initiative is highly stimulated and appreciated. We offer a market conform full time position via a one year contract with a possible prospect on a permanent employment. We are committed to support your professional and personal development and give you the opportunity to cooperate with talented people in an informal, transparent and open culture. Working closely with the CBO will help adapt your skills in this role.
Interested in joining Medace as Business Developer?
Please submit your motivation and resume via email@example.com before November 20th , to be included in the first round. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Kurt Gielen (Chief Business Officer) via mail firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)6 1927 1669.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated!
Due to the characteristics of Medace, we cannot accommodate sponsorships for non-EU citizens.